Ballidon All Saints sits in a tightly enclosed churchyard in the middle of a wide, open field. This bucolic setting, in which sheep and cattle graze, is an important archaeological site from the Early-Late Medieval period.
Dismayed by the ‘Low churchmanship’ of the nearby parish church, Mrs Louisa Harris decided to erect her own private chapel, and assembled a glittering array of artists to execute it. Architect: Sir Guy Dawber. Date: 1897.