Taken on by the Friends in 1999, St David’s has recently emerged from a programme of repairs to the exterior. We shall turn our attention next to the interior. The building is largely from the fifteenth century, from which time date most of the windows and the screen and rood loft inside (where the crucifix would have been placed originally. Rood is another word for the cross.)
The font is another, very simple, medieval survival but the pewing and pulpit and indeed the larger squire’s pew in the chancel are all eighteenth century. There are a range of monuments the largest being to William Jones who died in 1829. The altar rails in twisted baluster date from circa 1700.
The churchyard remains the responsibility of the parish.