What do ancient yew trees, 16th century triptychs, George Gilbert Scott, Gothic art and naked swimming* have in common? They have all featured in the Friends of Friendless Churches Newsletter!
Joining the Friends is the only way to get the newsletter delivered to your door, hot off the press. You’ll receive 3 newsletters each year – over 70 pages bringing you completely up-to-date with everything from the world of church conservation and beyond. Written by our Director, Matthew Saunders, it is intelligent, accessible, packed full of fascinating history and facts, and may occasionally make you laugh out loud.
If you are already a fan of historic churches, you will love it – if you are new to them, this is the place to start.
Our Newsletter is produced in partnership with the Ancient Monuments Society, so you may also encounter some non-church architecture therein.
* Correction – naked swimming is ‘mentioned’, rather than’ featured’
What’s in the Newsletter?
- The Secretary’s Report – a succinct critical overview of any legislative or key industry news
- Friendless Churches update – news of volunteers, events, new findings, works of repair
- Casework news – details of the buildings we have helped to save (secular / ecclesiastical)
- ‘Gleanings’ – one of the most detailed and popular sections with details of new and completed HLF grant schemes in England and Wales, plus news from the world of church heritage and beyond – new websites, research initiatives and projects (secular / ecclesiastical)
- Publications and events – reviews of heritage publications and a guide to the must see and do lectures, seminars, tours, open buildings, festivals and exhibitions this season.
letter 3 times a year