Church-moving is rare, but the residual tower of St Peter’s is all that remains of just such an exercise carried out in 1877. Partly because it was in the wrong positon, partly because it had started to move (the tower is still on a definite lean).
At St Andrew’s everything is roofless – as it has been since 1866 when a window was blown in during divine service. But this doesn’t stop this Grade II* church being used each August for an annual service held by local people.
An ancient and beautiful church glimpsed each day by hundreds of commuters on the East Coast Mainline in Cambridgeshire – and blessed with a very committed and energetic group of Local Friends.
- Page 2 of 2